Thursday, February 9, 2012

I gave my hubby the warm fuzzies!!!

Can I just tell you how much I've enjoyed surprising my hubby with little sussies.  One of my friends is actually making a basket with all of the items instead of doing one gift each day.  I thought that was a pretty cute idea too! 

On the last day of January I put a red box on the counter and waited for The Mr. to come home.  He was curious and took a peek inside....but nothing was there.  I told him that February 1st would be his lucky day...instead of one day of looove...I was going to give him 14 days of Valentine surprises.  Let's just say,  I might of made him pause for a minute.  He told me he didn't know we were celebrating all 14 days and that he was not prepared.   I assured him that this was not a "trick" to get him to buy me things for 14 days and he was NOT allowed or expected to go out and start his gift shopping.  I wanted this to be all about him. 

Okay, now on to the fun!!  Feel free to use these ideas...  I found some on Pinterest, random blogs, and my own little brain!!

The mysterious red box....
This is what the box looks like tonight...  aren't the little notes from the week so cute?!?!?!
1. Chapstick    Did I tell you that these sussies were CHEAP THOUGHTFUL gifts?!    
 2. Pistachios  "I'm nuts about you"
 3. Honey Sticks   I found these at Sprouts.  The note said "You are my honey bunny"
 4. Jalapenos        "Because you're HOT HOT HOT"
 5. Glass bottle Coca Cola        "I think you are SODA amazing"       This is one of his favorite gifts so far!!!!
 6. Stainless Steel Water Bottle
 7. Chocolate Mints        "We were MINT to be together"
8. GUM              "I wouldn't CHEWS anyone but you"
 9.   Little Strawberry Cakes
We only have a few more days left.      Do you decorate for Heart Day?  These are a few of my favorite decorations. 
Let's move on to some other "sweeties"...     A good girlfriend is like gold, don'tcha think?
 This little munchie is the most entertaining well behaved lovie we know....
 The Mr. is straight up in loooove......
 Do you have friends you could chat for hours with....   I'm the lucky girl that gets to work with them!!!   We have all shared so many smiles, goals, stresses, maybe a few tears, but mostly laughs.  
 Since our last bible study I have tried to find several positive things for the next day that I can look forward to and be thankful for....   I can tend to be a worrier, pessimist, anxious person.  Breathe in     Breathe out.    Count to 10.   Shrug it off.   Yeah,  that doesn't usually work for me :)   Thinking about the next day and all of the good things to look forward to has seemed to bring me back to why my Lord is ALL Good ALL the time.
One thing I am looking forward to this weekend?   Being in the middle of a kitty sandwich.    This picture is what the warm fuzzies of my heart are made out of  :)   

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love all your cute Valentine's! My budget is tight right now so Bryce and I decided to just have a special night together and not do gifts--I am planning to do a few cheap and cheesy things like this though! I also love this sweet tribute to your girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this so much! what a fabulous thing to do for your hubby. i need to copy this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool idea! P.S. I gave you an award on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gift is so sweet! love the kitty sandwich
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Valentines ideas...that is so creative! I will definitely try something like that next year :)

    ReplyDelete