Monday, April 11, 2011

Texi-mexi casserole

This recipe makes me smile:)  I have always loved tex-mex style meals...easy and filling!  While I anxiously waited for The Mr. to pick-up the new furniture pieces...I decided to pass the time in the kitchen.  (fyi-the furniture came and it is beautiful, more on that later!)  I'm not good with measuring when I cook....so these aren't exact amounts.
Texi-Mexi Casserole

1lb. ground beef
1 small onion
1 packet of taco seasoning
Mexican-style cheese
small can of mexi-corn
small can of pinto beans or black beans
1 small can of tomato sauce
optional-rotel (I didn't add any this time.)
1 box of corn muffin mix 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Saute onions.  Brown meat in pan.  Drain and stir in taco seasoning & 3/4 cup water.  Cook on low for 5 minutes.  I heated up the mexi-corn and beans in a separate pot and then added it to the meat/onions.  I added tomato sauce to make it a little more saucy since the corn bread soaks up most of the moisture.  In a separate bowl, mix the corn muffin mix according to the package.  Put the ingredients in a baking dish.  Cover with cheese.  Take the corn muffin mixture and pour on top of the cheese. Cook for 20 minutes!  Enjoy!
The picture is kind of fuzzy.  The battery is so low that the second I turn the camera on it turns back off.....but with a quick "click" I got this picture.  You get the idea....nom nom!!


No comments:

Post a Comment